Welcome to our new podcast, Recipes for Your Best Life
- Have a plan. Shop with a list and meal prep to save your waistline your wallet and your sanity.
- Eat regular, smaller meals. Easier on the digestion, supports sustained blood sugar levels, boosts metabolism.
- Give your body a break. Two-3 times a week, let go of the animal proteins, even if you aren’t vegan.
- Fill up on greens. Every. single. day. They’re the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and the power of those phytonutrients is age defying.
- Steer clear of refined, sugary, fried, processed anything. If it has an infinite shelf life, do you want it in your body. That’s a big fat NO.
- Chew slowly. Being in a hurry to eat always leads to eating more than you should. Your body doesn’t even know it’s full until 20 minutes in. Taste. your. food.
- Fat is your friend. Eating good, plant-based fat between meals is a great strategy for staying satiated. A few tablespoons of cashews, some jicama sticks and hummus, you get the picture.
- Indulge every week. It’s not only ok, it’s necessary. Your metabolism will benefit from eating the 90/10 way – 90% clean, 10% extra. That equals 3-4 meals a week, where you can enjoy a few hundred extra calories.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE TO
RECIPES FOR YOUR BEST LIFE
About Mareya Ibrahim
With over 25 years in the food industry, Mareya Ibrahimbreathe thrives on sharing her passion for the Fit Life, where food, nutrition, products, fitness and lifestyle all come together, deliciously. She is the co-inventor of Eat Cleaner products, is a chef for the NYTimes bestseller The Daniel Plan, and the author of the Eat Like You Give a Fork, The Clean Eating Handbook and Rap Around the World. Her column, The Fit Foodie, appears in Edible Orange County Magazine.